What Attorneys Tell Their Clients at the First Meeting
After a personal injury lawyers in West Palm Beach has chosen to meet with you, he or she will usually provide the following suggestions to ready you for your first meeting:
- Meet with a doctor if you have not but are in pain or experiencing physical hardships. It’s advisable that you see a doctor of your choosing—do not rely on the attorney to give you a referral.
- Inquire with your doctor with respect to temporarily not going to work if working causes trouble, considerable discomfort, or pain. If your doctor tells you that the decision is of your own choosing, it is advisable for you not to work if it is too painful.
- Acquire photographs of the automobile, location of injury if it is a premises liability case, or object that led to the injury if it is a product liability case. Those pictures should be developed at once.
- If your automobile sustained damage, get an appraisal as soon as the photos get shot.
- Upon arriving to your appointment, bring the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of potential witnesses to the incident. This is paramount.
- Do not discuss the case with witnesses other than to obtain their names, addresses, and telephone numbers.
- Do not talk about the case in detail with anybody, and do not provide statements to any agent or representative from an insurance company.
- In the event that you have been contacted by an insurance company, acquire the adjuster’s name and telephone number. Let the adjuster know you will be conferring with an attorney and that your Martin County personal injury attorney will be in correspondence with the adjuster.
- Furnish any documents pertaining to the case, such as medical bills, doctor’s instructions, prescriptions, or accident reports submitted to the Secretary of State.
- Acquire the police report if viable, and take it to the first meeting.
- Do not delay your first appointment with your Martin County personal injury attorney unless it is a complete necessity. Time is vital in this instance.
- If any concerns or inquiries come up prior to the first appointment, you are advised to call and ask about them.
- Your central responsibility at this point is to relax and to work on recuperating from your injuries. The legal minutiae are for the attorney to deal with. Your recovery is the primary objective.
If you need assistance with your personal injury case, contact personal injury lawyers in West Palm Beach Stephen J. Press at 561-833-2772.